Join The Jerry Brar Mortgages Team
Want to join the Jerry Brar Mortgages team? We are looking for talented professionals who want to work in a fast paced environment with lots of room to grow and expand with the company.
Jerry Brar Mortgages has the following positions open:
Assistant Mortgage Broker and Underwriter
Jerry Brar Mortgages is looking for an experienced assistant mortgage broker and underwriter to work with our team at our Surrey and Abbotsford office. We are looking for a motivated individual who wants to be part of a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
Who We Are: Jerry Brar Mortgages is a leading mortgage broker company based out of Surrey BC. As a leader in BC’s mortgage market we have helped 1000s of clients reach their mortgage and home buying goals. We offer a dynamic, fun and fast paced work culture focused on premium customer service and impeccable values.
Our Assistant Mortgage Broker and Underwriter will be responsible for:
- Verify/validate all required mortgage/client information
- Provide timely and accurate credit decisions to mortgage originators
- Gather and document necessary reports about the applicant such as credit history, income status etc.
- Assist the senior brokers with questions or concerns regarding the approval or rejection of a loan application
- Negotiate, structure and evaluate mortgage applications with the defined scope of approval authority
- Prepare recommendations from residential loans that are over defined scope of approval limit and present submissions to the appropriate team member
- Ensures awareness and compliance of all aspects of the QA program
- Maintain knowledge of all applicable underwriting guidelines
Educational /Technical Experience:
- University/College degree in related field preferred but not required
- Minimum 1 year experience performing all underwriting procedures in accordance with established laws and regulations
- Mortgage Broker license considered an asset
- Customer Service focused
- Flexible and adaptable / able to multi-task under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word/Access/PowerPoint/Excel
- Working knowledge of Internet and Email Applications (Outlook/Outlook Express)
- Excellent judgment / must be able to make independent decisions
- Above average analytical skills
- Self-Motivated / proactive mindset
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent organizational skills and analytical skills
Comments are closed.